The ABA recognizes the third week in October as Mediation Week to educate the public about mediation. During Mediation Week, the ABA encourages all to recognize the importance of the work of neutrals, advocates, and policymakers and celebrate the strides we have made in institutionalizing mediation as a dispute resolution process.
The ADR Section wants to be a part of this year’s Mediation Week festivities by hosting “Mediation Mixers” at various locations around the state. We encourage you to join your fellow mediators at a mixer for networking and fun. Here are some events that are in the works:
- September 29—Tampa (Carlton Fields, 5 PM): Kathy McLeroy, firstname.lastname@example.org
- October 19—Fort Lauderdale (NOVA Law School, 4 – 6:30 PM): Lori Adelson, email@example.com, and Fran Tetunic, firstname.lastname@example.org
- October 19—West Palm Beach (The Treehouse, 380 Trinity Place, West Palm Beach, FL 33401, 6 – 8 PM): Adam Myron, AMyron@Cagnetmyronlaw.com, Shari Elessar, email@example.com, and Cristina Maldonado, firstname.lastname@example.org
- October 20—Miami (location/time TBA): Steven Chaneles, email@example.com, and Patrick Russell, firstname.lastname@example.org
- October 27—Orlando (The Monroe, 448 N. Terry Avenue, Orlando, FL 32801, 5 PM): Lawrence Kolin, Lkolin@uww-adr.com, and Roy Kobert, email@example.com