Ready to advance your mediation practice?
Join us at the Mentoring Academy on Oct. 25-26, 2019 and expand your competency and experience.
- Practice techniques and receive live, immediate feedback that will make you a better mediator.
- Learn best practices for transitioning your practice from direct client representation to dispute resolution as a neutral.
- Gain appropriate, ethical mediation techniques to address a complex circuit civil litigation.
- Advance your experience in handling hurdles that can appear in complex cases.
- Improve how you handle openings in circumstances ranging from hostile to congenial—what to do and when.
- Get pro tips on how to test party-imposed limitations without overstepping ethical boundaries.
- Increase your statewide network of mentors and co-mediators.
Hosted by The Alternative
Dispute Resolution Section
of The Florida Bar
Oct. 25 – 26, 2019
CAMLS, 124 S. Franklin Street
Course No. 3260
10.0 CLE/Live CME 1.0 Ethics CLE/CME
9.0 Professionalism CLE
Faculty for the 2019 Mentoring Academy are among the most experienced mediators in Florida. Some work in large firms and others practice solo. Each is certified as a County, Circuit Civil or Family mediator.
MENTORING ACADEMY FACULTY
Many thanks to the Mentoring Academy Committee for their planning and hard work for this inaugural event. The Florida Bar ADR Section’s mission is to assist attorney-mediators in all ADR-related matters.
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 25
3 PM—On-site registration
4 – 5:40 PM—Panel Discussion: The Paradigm of Effective Opening Statements at Mediation
5:45 – 7 PM—Networking reception then dinner on your own
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 26
8 AM—Registration; Continental breakfast
8:30 AM—Welcome and Introductions
8:40 AM – 2:20 PM—Mediation Exercise
12:20 – 1:10 PM—Lunch (provided)
Towards a Neutral Practice: Moving from Direct Client Representation to Work as a Neutral – Issues, Ethics, Finances and More.
1:10 – 1:20 PM—Break
1:20 – 3:40 PM—Participant Roundtables. Follow-up discussions regarding practice transitions and lunch presentation; participants continue to work as mediators with group assignments.
COURSE CLASSIFICATION: ADVANCED
3:40 – 4:30 PM—When Nothing Works: Tips and Tools to Break Impasse (panel discussion)
4:30 PM—Closing remarks, adjourn, participant evaluations of program